Shiela Wolfe, Director of Children's Ministry at CrossRidge, grew up in a Christian home. She prayed to receive Jesus Christ as her personal Lord and Savior at the age of 9 years old. She was baptized at Raven Oaks Baptist Church in Omaha, Nebraska on a Sunday night. Sheila and her family moved to the Little Elm/Frisco area in 1973. Sheila began attending this church family in 1974 while in 8th grade. Sheila met the man of her dreams, John, in the youth group here at this church and they were married here in March of 1980. Sheila graduated from Frisco High School. God has blessed John and Sheila with 4 wonderful children, two great son in laws and two amazing grandchildren. They have had the honor of seeing all of their children accept Christ and be baptized in this same church family.
For years as Sheila raised her children in this church, she served as a volunteer in the Children’s Ministry. In 2000, God placed a calling on Sheila’s life to serve Him in ministry not just as a volunteer but to join the staff of the church as the Director of Children’s Ministry. It is Sheila’s joy and privilege to minister to the children and families God places in our church family. It is very rewarding work to help children come to a saving knowledge of who Jesus Christ is as their personal Lord and Savior. Sheila’s desire is that all children from Little Elm will one day have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Married High School Sweetheart, John Wolfe, Sr.
- Children: Grace, Emily, Mary and John Jr.
- Favorite Restaurant: Uncle Julio’s-Their chicken fajitas can not be beaten!
- Favorite Day of the Year: March 7th
- Favorite sport and team: First choice: The current baseball team her son is playing on! (She’s his number one fan!) Second choice: Dallas Cowboys Football
- Something you don't know about Sheila: Camo is her favorite color and she once had a pet raccoon when she was a child. (It was very mean!)
- As a child Sheila’s family had the tradition for the birthday child to choose their favorite supper (that their mother would cook). Sheila’s favorite birthday supper: Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, biscuits with gravy, Brussels sprouts and sweet tea!
- In her spare time, Sheila loves to go on dates with her husband, play with her two grandchildren, and be outside whether it is fishing, hunting, camping, swimming, or cooking out.
- Favorite chapter the Bible: Psalm 139: 1-24