D-Now Event: February 17-19, 2017
What is a D-Now Weekend?
“D-Now” stands for Disciple Now. So, a D-Now Weekend is a Disciple Now Weekend. In its simplest form, a Disciple Now Weekend is a weekend retreat for a youth group. Whereas some retreat weekends are more about getting away (which is NOT a bad thing), D-Now Weekends put a high premium on discipleship in and around our church. There are Large Group sessions where a speaker can move the weekend’s theme along from a big-picture perspective. And there are super-intentional Small Group times where students go deeper with their individual small group leaders. It’s a focused time of spiritual growth and application.
“Host Homes” are a key feature of D-Now Weekends. A host home is where a family in the church agrees to host a Small Group for the weekend. They’ll usually spend a Friday and Saturday night there and will eat a few meals with the host home family.
We are really looking forward to this great weekend. It will, without a doubt, be one of the most incredible weekends of their life. Here is the information you and your student need in order to participate in this weekend.
Schedule: Friday, February 17, we will be getting things started at 7:00pm in the Student Room at CrossRidge Church. The weekend will end after Sunday School on February 19 at 12:00pm. The students are required to be with us from start to finish. If they have a minor schedule conflict, fill out a Time Away Card and turn it in upon arrival.
Time Away Card: If your student already has something scheduled during the retreat times, complete the Time Away Card. It will need to be signed by the student, a parent, and me, and taken to the host family at the beginning of the weekend. Extra copies will be provided on Friday night if necessary. Please consider letting your student come, even if they have a minor conflict with the schedule. We will work with you so they can come as much of the time as possible.
What to bring:
- Bedding (sleeping bag, bed roll, pillow, etc.)
- Toiletries (toothbrush, medicine, and "other stuff")
- Towel and washcloth
- BIBLE and writing utensil (pencil or pen)
- Comfortable and casual clothes for the whole weekend
- Clothes for recreation!!
- Any extra snacks you might want
- BRING YOUR FRIENDS!!!
- Rules Sheet, Health Form, and Time Away Card (if necessary)
- You may have your cell phone, but it is to be used ONLY to call parents!!
Payment: The cost for the entire weekend is $60.00. This includes all meals, a T-shirt, materials, and any other activities we will do. All forms and money are due no later than Sunday February 11, but preferably earlier if at all possible!
D-Now Weekend is going to be one of the greatest weekends of your student’s life, so begin praying and preparing for it NOW! If you have any questions concerning any area of the weekend, please feel free to contact Simon at 972.292.1953 or email@example.com!Register Today
Friday, February 17th
- 7:00pm- Registration and check in at the Student Building
- 7:15pm- Rally Time
- 7:30pm- Large Group Session 1 (The Collective)
- 8:30pm- Instruction Time
- 8:45pm- Travel to Night Activity
- 11:00pm- Travel to Host home
- 11:30pm- Small Group 1 (host home)
- 12:00pm- Get Ready for Bed
- 12:30pm- Lights out
Saturday, February 18th
- 8:00am- Breakfast
- 9:00am- Quiet Time (Host Home)
- 9:30am- Travel to CRC
- 10:00am- Large Group session 2 (The Collective)
- 11:00am- Small Group 2 @ CRC
- 11:45am- Lunch
- 1:00pm- Afternoon Activity (Scavenger Hunt 1-3) - (3:30-4:30 rec at CRC)
- 5:00pm- Travel to Host home (get cleaned up)
- 6:30pm- Dinner @ CRC
- 7:30pm- Large Group Session 3 (The Collective)
- 8:30pm- Small Group 3 (host home)
- 9:15pm- Night Activity
- Midnight- Lights out
Sunday, February 19th
- 8:00am- Breakfast @ CRC
- 9:00am- Church
- 10:30am- Weekend Reflection (The Collective)
- Noon- Go home