In 1867 Cottonwood-Bethel No. 2 Baptist Church was organized where the Little Elm Cemetery is now. The building was used for church and also a school.
In 1875 the Bethel Church was destroyed by a contention that arose over one of it’s members selling liquor.
A new church building was erected in 1898 just east of the Bill Boyd property. The name was changed to Little Elm Baptist Church. A storm damaged the church in 1923 and a new church was built on the same ground in 1924. The government purchased this property in 1954 for the Garza-Little Elm Reservoir.
The church members moved into a new building along Highway 720 in February of 1955. In 1967, new Sunday School rooms and a Fellowship Hall were added. The church was renamed First Baptist Church Little Elm during this time period.
Groundbreaking for a new sanctuary to be added on the existing building on Highway 720 was held in April 1975. The first service was held in the building on February 29, 1976.
Groundbreaking for the current sanctuary was held in February 2006. In February 2007 the church was renamed CrossRidge Church. The first service was held on March 25, 2007.